Lodge. Timber cottages for two tourists (TWIN), en suite facilities (WC, shower), veranda.Distance:
jeep - 40 km, hiking - 6-7 km
After breakfast we will drive to the mouth of the hard-to-reach Argut River. After 2-hour walking along the old rocky path high above the Katun River we'll finally reach the mouth of the Argut River. This river is famous as one of the last habitats of snow leopard in the Altai. It is a great luck to watch the ibex because there are not more then 20 animals in the Altai Mountains. Afterwards we'll enjoy the picnic lunch and fishing on the bank of the Katun River. The evening will be marked by acquaintance with native culture. A special dinner will be served with traditional Altaic meals based on cereals, milk and meat products. You will taste boorsok
- fried pieces of dough, khan
- blood sausage, kurut
- dried and smoked cheese, buur
- barbecue from sheep liver and other meals. Afterwards you will enjoy gripping transcendental throat singing of a kaichi
, a skillful performer of native epic songs.
In the evening you will guest in the ail
- national dwelling of Altaians. Here you will be engaged into indigenous culture of nomadic people by performers of traditional Altai throat singing.
Deep vibrating sounds of various intensity and hues performing by a kaichi
- master of throat singing in front of the fire, will evoke transcendental feelings in your soul and make you realize soleness and unlimited eternity of this Universe. Also we can provide competitions in national nomadic sport games and folks - kok-booro game - a kind of horse-riding polo with a goat corpse and others.